Dermovate Ointment (Clobetasol) 20grams are used to treat skin disorders. It is often used to treat skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis.
Each package contains Dermovate ointment 20grams. It is also available in a form of Dermovate cream 20grams.
Clobetasol propionate B.P 0.05% w/w.
Use only on medical advice.
Psoriasis (except widespread plaque psoriasis) recalcitrant eczemas, lichen planus, discoid lupus erythematosus, and other skin conditions not responding to less active steroids.
Hypersensitivity to any ingredients: (Rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis, perianal and genital pruritus, primary skin infections caused by viruses, fungi, or bacteria).
It should not be used in children below 1 year of age including dermatitis and napkin eruptions.
Dosage and Administration
Apply sparingly to the affected area once or twice daily. Or as directed by the physician.
Treatment should not be continued for more than 4 weeks without the condition of the patient being reviewed.
It may cause local atrophic changes:
- Striae and dilatation of superficial blood vessels.
- As with other corticosteroids hypercorticism may occur with prolonged use.
If any of these side effects occur and worsen so contact your doctor immediately.
Warning and Precautions
- Long term therapy should be avoided particularly in infants and children as adrenal suppression may occur.
- Care should be taken so that the preparation does not enter the eyes as glaucoma may result.
- Prolonged application on the face should be avoided.
- In case of spread of infection, topical steroid therapy should be stopped.
- Avoid extensive use during pregnancy.
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep medicine away from children reach.
- For external use only.
For further information refer to the company.
Manufactured by: GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Limited.
You can buy Dermovate online at the link below:
BY: NASIHA GUL.