GEN-CIPRO (Ciprofloxacin Tablets USP) belongs to a class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. This drug is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
It only treats bacterial infections, not viral infections. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic with coverage against many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
GEN-CIPRO is indicated for the following infections:
- Respiratory tract infection, including otitis media.
- Gastrointestinal tract infection, including typhoid.
- Kidney and urinary tract infection.
- Skin and soft tissue infection.
- Sexually transmitted diseases, e.g., gonorrhea.
Each packet contains 10 tablets of GEN-CIPRO (500mg).
Each film-coated tablet contains:
- Ciprofloxacin 500mg.
(As Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride USP).
- The dose of GEN-CIPRO is given in the range of 250mg to 750mg as per sensitivity of pathogens and severity of illness.
- The tablets should be taken with little fluid, preferably on an empty stomach.
- As directed by physician.
- For details information see insert.
This drug is generally well tolerated but can exhibit the following side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, insomnia, confusion, anemia, and flatulence.
GEN-CIPRO is contraindicated in patients who have been hypersensitivity to any of its components.
- Store at temperature 15 to 30°C away from light and moisture.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of the children.
- To be sold on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
It is manufactured by Brookes Pharma Private Limited.
You can buy this drug online, by going to the link below:
By: Tayyaba Zareen