Getryl ™ (Glimepiride) is used as an adjacent yo diet and exercise to lower Blood glucose in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM).
It is indicated when hyperglycemia cannot be controlled by diet and exercise only.
The medicine may also be used with other diabetes medications.
It belongs to the class of drugs known as sulfonylureas.
The package contains 20 tablets each of 2mg.
Each tablet contains
Glimepiride USP 2mg
The recommended dosage is 1-4mg daily.
The maximum recommended dosage is 8mg daily.
Or use it as directed by the physician or see the package insert for full prescribing information.
Occasionally, allergic or pseudo-allergic skin reactions like
- Maculopapular and bullous skin eruptions
- Increased liver enzymes
- Abnormal liver function
- Cholestatic hepatitis
- Bilirubinemia anemia
- Liver failure
Seek emergency medical help if you have any of these reactions.
Store it in a cool, dry, and dark place at 25⁰C.
Protect from heat, sunlight, and moisture.
Keep out of the reach of the children.
Before starting this medicine must tell your doctor about your medical history especially if you have
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disease
- Certain Hormonal conditions ( adrenal/pituitary insufficiency, syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone-SIADH)
Glimepiride is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug
- Pediatric patients
- Patients with diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma. This condition should be treated with insulin.
- Pregnant and lactating patients.
Getryl is manufactured by Getz Pharma
And also available online at https://dvago.pk
By: Hamna Ghufran