Monticel (Montelukast Sodium) tablet is used to treat asthma and allergies. It can also be taken before exercise to prevent breathing problems during exercise.
Montelukast is also used to relieve symptoms of hay fever and allergic rhinitis (such as the stuffy or itching nose).
This medication should only be taken when you cannot take other allergy medications, or they don’t work.
Each package contains 2X7 film-coated tablets of Monticel (10mg).
Each film-coated tablet contains:
- Montelukast (as sodium) U.S.P. 10mg.
- (Product complies USP specifications).
As directed by the physician.
Montelukast sodium is indicated in adults and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older for the prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma, including the prevention of day and night symptoms.
It is also indicated for the relief of symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in adults and pediatric patients.
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of the product.
Monticel is generally well tolerated. However, the following adverse effects are reported:
- Dry mouth.
- Myalgia including muscle cramps.
- Abdominal pain.
- Increased bleeding tendency.
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect from light, moisture, and excessive heat.
- Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
- To be sold on prescription of a registered medical practitioner only.
It is manufactured by Axis Pharmaceuticals. https://www.axispharmaceuticals.com
You can buy this drug online at: https://sevenseas.com.pk
By: Tayyaba Zareen