Optachlor (Chloramphenicol) is the sterile ophthalmic solution of eye drops used for multi-purposes. Chloramphenicol belongs to the antibiotic category. Its key purpose is to eliminate bacteria from the eyes.
It is approximately 10 ml. it is composed of 0.5% Chloramphenicol BP w/v in preserved, buffered, sterile aqueous solution.
It is used in the treatment of eye infections caused by chloramphenicol susceptible microorganisms, severe and chronic conjunctivitis, iritis, blepharitis, trachoma, keratitis, uveitis, and corneal ulcer.
How to use:
One or two drops into the eyes or as directed by the doctor.
Warnings and precautions:
- Prolonged or frequent intermittent use may cause hypersensitivity reaction.
- The reactions may include bone marrow hypoplasia and it can lead to aplastic anaemia.
- Only use in eyes.
- Consult doctor if patient has gone through eye operation or other eye disease.
- Store at a suitable place having no exposure to moisture, heat and sunlight.
- Close the cap of its bottle tightly after using.
- Quit using the medicine if it is contaminated.
The medicine can taste bad. It can cause headache, eye discomfort, and redness. In some cases, Chloramphenicol cause hypersensitivity and bone marrow suppression.
In case of any other side effects, seek for doctor’s help.
Optachlor is manufactured by Remington Pharmaceutical Industries (Pvt.) Ltd.
To buy these drops online, go to the following link:
By: Nosheen Khan